Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 6


This week we started our new summer routine. Addison started camp, so I had to figure out how to wake myself and Addison up, get at least Addison fed breakfast (ideally me too, but that didn't happen a couple of days), feed Ella and get Addison to school by 9:00.   I am notoriously late, but was on a mission to get Addison to camp on time since she was swimming at 9:15.  Although it was hard to start setting an alarm, we got our routine down and it wasn't nearly as rushed as I expected.  Fortunately Ella is happier in her carrier these days because she is getting stuck in there more frequently now that we are going to and from school and running errands.  

Michael was in Vegas for a conference the end of the week, so I was single parent for a few days.  Surprisingly stayed pretty sane too!  The first night Michael was gone Ella wasn't real happy unless I was holding her, so that made bath time and story time for Addison a little tricky, but we survived and as soon as Ella got her bath and bottle she was happy and out for the night. 
I weighed Ella on our home scale this week and she was 10 lbs.  She continues to eat great.  I think that "sleeping through the night" is technically 5 hours or something like that - I certainly don't consider that sleeping through the night, but that is what the websites say - but Ella can definitely do that now which is nice.  Sometimes longer and sometimes shorter, but she continues to be a good sleeper too.
When Ella is awake she is a lot of fun now, she will actually look at you when you talk to her and she is tracking objects and all of those fun developmental milestones.  Definitely holding her head up much better, especially when she is really awake.  She also loves to stand up and put weight on her legs.  It is really cute because she gets a look on her face like she is really proud of herself for standing up so straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment