Friday, June 18, 2010

Playtime

The theme for this week was definitely play time.  Addy had a great time at camp this week playing with her new friends and counselors.  She seems to really like swimming every day and according to her she has been putting her face in the water and holding her breath.  This week we got a note home that talks about the skills she is working on and starting next week we start getting progress reports to tell us what she has accomplished.

Ella continues to stay awake for longer periods and enjoys "playing".  Her absolute favorite past time now is watching the fan.  We turn it on low and she just watches it go around and around.  This afternoon I'm pretty sure she was laying there staring at the fan smiling.  Not sure the smile was on purpose, but it seemed more legit than the "I just made a dirty diaper" smile!

Ella also took a fairly decent nap in her crib this afternoon.  Now that she is focusing on object she seems to like the mobile in her crib.  It will still probably be a while before she spends the night in her crib, but we may try more naps in hopes that it helps the bed time transition. 

Most afternoons this week we picked Addy up at 3:30 and then came home and the 3 of us played.  Addison is just great around Ella, understands that there is a difference between baby play time and big girl play time.  Ella is very tolerant of toys being put in her face and goes along with Addy's plan most of the time.  When she is tired of playing she definitely lets us know!

Ella is even enjoying tummy time I think.  There were a number of times when she spent a decent amount of time on her tummy with no fussing at all!   This is good since Addy loves to put Ella on her tummy.  Usually she is wanting to do it right after Ella has a bottle so we talk a lot about how it is a bad idea to do that right after a baby eats. 

In this case Ella just fell asleep in the middle of playtime.  Addison pulled half of her stuffed animals off her bed and put them all around Ella in the princess tent. 

I really like this pic - not sure if Ella is really looking up at Addy, but it surely looks that way.  Addison unloaded every baby toy out of the cabinets in Ella's room.  When Addy was a baby and we had the toys I didn't realize how many there were - some of our friends would comment on the number of toys, but I never believed them.  Now I do!  Fortunately Addy seems to really enjoy playing with the baby toys again, I don't think that she remembers any of them so it is like a whole new toy box to explore and a new friend to explore it all with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment