I know I say this every week, but where has the time gone?! Ella is 5 weeks old today and we've been so busy I didn't even get to post anything for week 4. Ella seems to be growing like a weed. The past couple of weeks she has earned the nickname "Milk Monster". The girl is eating a solid 4.5 oz every 3 to 4 hours. We can definitely tell when she is hungry vs. tired or needing a diaper change. She screams and is inconsolable until she gets a bottle. Here is her milk monster face...(I know it is mean to be taking pictures when you child is hungry and needing to eat, but she is cute even when she is screaming so I had to snap a pic!)
Good news is that she is sleeping longer at night. She'll have her final bottle around 9-10ish and then she doesn't get up until 4-5 in the morning. Part of the good sleeping is also attributed to this great new bed we got for her. It is just a Fischer-Price product, Michael refers to it as a manger without the hay, but it is fabulous. She had been sleeping in her pack 'n play and you could tell she wasn't a huge fan. But she settles right down in this and sleeps great.
In other developments, she is getting really good at holding her head up. Especially when she is really awake or when she is really mad. She is not a huge fan of tummy time, but we are trying to do it more often. Now that she is awake more we are playing more. Play time basically involves looking at herself in the mirror or staring at the black and white images on a play toy we have.
When we are playing especially, she seems to be doing more "talking". Just cute little noises and coos. This week she really seems to like to stand up and put more weight on her legs. She is still quite a wiggly worm and pretty floppy, but each day you can tell she is getting stronger.
A funny development, she does a really good job riding in the car but she likes to keep moving. Frequently, unless she is really asleep, when we get to a stop sign or stop light she starts fussing. Then as soon as we start moving again then she stops. I remember that Addison did this when she was little. But now I have Addison in the back to help calm Ella - Addison will start making up a song or talking about how you have to stop at red lights and have to wait. It doesn't really calm her, but it is cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment