Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kitties

4th of July weekend we discovered a momma cat and 5 kittens in the storage closet under the beach house.  4th of July weekend, a momma cat and 5 kittens moved in with Dad and Mary on Braeburn Dr!  One might initially think it was Mary's idea because she has had cats in the recent past, but no, it was softy Lee who insisted that the cats come home with them.  Where was this guy when I wanted pets growing up?! Addy and Ella have enjoyed visiting the kitties over the past few weeks and I finally remembered to take my camera the other day.
Addy is a fan of the kitties.  Although not so much when they started to crawl on her and their nails got stuck in her shirt!

This kitty isn't so crazy, she (or he) loves belly rubs!

I think that Ella takes after Michael in many ways, and not being a huge fan of cats may be another one to add to the list.  She was quite fascinated at first and still is to some extent, but now when we go she has much more fun climbing in and out of this box.  And doesn't always seems so excited when the cats jump in too.  She kind of looks at them like they are invading her space.  

Kitten claws - ouch!  


Ella does like to pet them a little.  I think that one reason she may be less excited about the cats is because all she hears is us saying "gentle" when she is around them.  She is gentle for a toddler I guess.

And one may ask, "what are they going to do with a momma cat and 5 kittens?" Well, there are free kittens available, but rumor is that momma may take up permanent residence.  It is ironic that I am the one that is now lecturing Dad about how the last thing he needs is a pet at this point, when every other week he is off globe trotting again!  I seem to recall getting the same lecture at different points when I wanted a pet and it was not the opportune time.  Guess that means I am getting old if I'm doing the lecturing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment