Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Pre-K

Our little girls is in pre-k and I can't believe this time next year I'm going to be posting a first day of K picture!  Addy is loving pre-k.  It is amazing how organized and structured things get once you hit pre-k at Bertha Alyce.  We are officially 5 days a week.  On Mondays and Fridays she is only there from 9-12 though.  The time she is there is pretty action packed, I think.  Each week she has gym, music, movement, and Hebrew twice a week.  Plus all the classroom activities. 

We kind of have homework, although not really.  But I feel like it is prepping us parents for the real world next year - a couple of days a week she has to take various things.  This week the theme is "all about me" and today she had to take a bag with 3 things that are special to her.  The 3 things she took were TOTALLY random, but when I suggested other options her response was "it is my project mom".  Every Friday is show-in-tell, which is fun.  So, not real homework, but I have to pay attention to the schedule and actually remember to make sure that what she needs is in her backpack. 

I can't really get her to tell me more about her day than what is on the sheet that they send home.  Today for example, the conversation in the car went something like this...
Me:  How was your day?
Addy:  GREAT!
Me:  What was your favorite thing about the day?
Addy:  CARPOOL! 

While I appreciate the enthusiasm about carpool - I don't have to go into the school and I can pick her up in the carpool lane at 12:00 on Mondays and Fridays - can't say this is the answer I am looking for.  Fortunately they do a good job of capturing the highlights of the day on the sheet they send home, so I have a clue and can ask some leading questions.  Still doesn't get me too much further than this though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment