Friday, September 3, 2010

4 Months Old!

When a blanket isn't handy a new favorite is to pull up her dress and chew on it or put it over her head!
Our baby girl turned 4 months old on Monday!  Seems like I was still pregnant just yesterday, yet can't remember what our world was like before Ms. Ella.  Tonight I realized that Addy probably cries more than Ella (3 year old tantrums - ugh!)  Ella continues to sleep like a champ.  I think that she was asleep in bed by 9, maybe 9:30 last night and I had to wake her up at 8:00 this morning because I figured she need to eat.  She had even woken up earlier with a super wet diaper and Michael had changed her and put her back to sleep.  The sleeper in me loves it! She is also sleeping in her bed now.  I think that she is much more comfy because she can spread out more and the transition was seamless.  There is the occasional trek down the hall in the wee hours to give her a pacifier, but they seem to be getting less and less. 

We had Ella's 4 month checkup on Monday and she is doing great.  Well, when we went to the doc she had a rash all over her from what we can only guess is an allergic reaction to something but it has since gone away.  We had a red spotted kids for a while though and no clue what she was reacting too, just glad it is gone.  Her weight was 12 lbs. 12 oz. and height is 24.75 inches.  As I've mentioned before, the height measurement is quite sketchy due to their measuring technique, but it is in the ballpark.  I can tell she is taller because her feet are getting closer and closer to the edge of her swing and her carrier.

Another change this week, at the doctor I mentioned that Ella spit up a whole bunch and now that she is spitting up all on her teachers at school we'd like to see what we can do about it (and we both have the fear of her spitting up on us in our work clothes as we are rushing to get out of the house in the morning!).  Fortunately the spitting up never bothered her but she is now on a formula made for healthy babies that spit up and she is doing SO much better.  There is still the occasional spit up, but nothing like it was! 

Ella is still enjoying her class I think.  The other day when I dropped her off she got a big smile on her face when her teacher said good morning to her and one day she came home and one of her teachers had written "Mommy I had an AWESOME day today".  Still not really sure why it was awesome, but it was nice to see.  She still comes home really happy and has yet to cry when I drop her off.  Happy baby, happy mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment