Introducing the newest addition to our family that we have high hopes for...it is the first addition in a long time that should result in a cleaner, not dirtier house! Our new Roomba robot vacuum. It spent an hour and 15 minutes cleaning this morning, going under furniture and cleaning parts of the floor that would never see a cleaning from me, unless we were moving the furniture. It found a ballet slipper under a cabinet that we never would have found ourselves.
I am excited that it is helping pick up dust and pet hair, but the biggest + to this thing is that we have told the kids that anything Roomba picks up will get thrown away, so if something is special, it better not be on the floor. Not sure Ella cares so much, but Addy took this to heart. We didn't clarify that it would only be cleaning the hardwood floor part of the house, so she disappeared in her room and a bit later I walked in to see this...
She was afraid the vacuum would get into to her pile of
junk art supplies and crafts so she barricade it in a corner. Now that she knows it isn't going into her room, I'm sure this stuff will be all spread out on her floor again in no time, but I am going to enjoy it while I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment