Friday, November 1, 2013

Renaissance Festival

We made our first family visit to the Renaissance Festival.  I am not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical because of the long drive and I had never been so I didn't know what to expect, but was kind of expecting a bunch of drunk people in strange costumes.  But it turned out to be really fun.  We went with another family that have kids in both Addy and Ella's classes and we walked around the village.  Definitely something to add to the calendar on an annual basis now!

It was fairy weekend so there were people dressed up in very elaborate fairy costumes.  All of the fairies were by the entrance so we got to meet them all when we first got there.  The fairies that work at the festival all have some kind of thing that they give out, some give glass marble type things, we got a shell, a feather...just random things that the girls loved collecting.  Ella was skeptical at first and then finally warmed up to the fairies about the same time that Addy had made the rounds and we were all ready to move on.  O'well, we still walked away with plenty of treasures!

We didn't do many of the shows, did see the jousting, but it was fun just stumbling across the random musician or magician.  I have no clue what this instrument is called, but Addy got to give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment