Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Tree Shopping

Went to the Christmas tree store again this year and found a great tree.  Addy had fun running around and I think that we learned that strollers and the Christmas tree store don't mix too well.  Don't think that Ella got hit in the face with any limbs, but if the canopy hadn't been on there is a good chance she would have been! 

Michael did an excellent job putting the lights on and then Addy and I did the ornaments.  Makes me wonder, are there any moms that do the lights or is that just inherently a dad gig? 

The other day Addy and I got in a discussion about fake trees (like Grandma and Grandpa and Granddad and Meme have) and real trees.  Addison stated that she wanted a fake one.  Sorry kid, not in my house!  For now at least, may be different in 20 years. 

 Addy is actually laughing in this pic.  She found it hilarious to lay under the tree and in this pic Ella is pulling her hair.  Kind of makes me want to cry when she pulls my hair, but Addy has a hard head!

 Ella exploring the tree

 Addy putting the ornaments on.  She is notorious for taking ornaments on and off the tree, usually some get broken.  So this year we talked about how it was important to not move the around and just let them be.  She had a friend over to play a few days later and I heard her telling her friend that her mom said that she wasn't supposed to take the ornaments on and off.  She's done a remarkable job of leaving them alone, not perfect, but I haven't had to break out the glue gun yet!

 Ella and Addy hanging out in the trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment