Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School

Big Day!  Addy's first day in the 3 year old class, Ella's first day ever at school and my first day back from maternity leave.  All went great.  Addy had a blast at school and was very excited when she got home.  She is in a class with pretty much all of her good friends at school, so she was happy to be back with some of the kiddos that she missed this summer.  Seems to like her new teachers and the new toys in her classroom.  There is apparently a jewelry bucket (not a jewelry box per Addy) and she played dress up and fashion show today apparently.  The note home today from her teachers said that she did a really good job following directions today.  We were happy to see that comment!  Here is a pic of her before school today
Ella had a great day too!  When I dropped her off, her teacher said I was welcome to call as much as I wanted during the day to check in on her.  I had convinced myself not to call because I didn't want to know if things weren't going well, but after I got back from lunch I couldn't help it I had to call - fortunately her teacher said she was having a great day.  Slept and ate well.  I asked if she had been fussy and her response was "Oh no, she is a good baby."  Ella was happy when she got home, lots of smiles and that made me happy.  Here is a pic of Ella before school today (when I uploaded the pic I realized it kind of looks like she is crying in this pic...it is actually a smile.  I finally got Addy looking at the camera and smiling but still working on getting smiles on cue from Ella!)
I should also add that we had 2 kids in bed by 9:00.  That is a record.  Now we are cleaning and getting ready to do it again tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment