Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ella's 3rd Week

Latest Developments:
-  She has a great appetite.  She'll go from dead asleep to screaming for food in a matter of seconds.  And sometimes I think her eyes are bigger than her tummy - she can polish off a 4 oz. bottle pretty easily.  She must have a hollow leg or something b/c I'm pretty sure her belly is not that big!
-  During the day it is pretty much like clockwork, she is eating every 3 hours.  At night though she is usually good for 4 hours which is really nice.  What is even nicer is that  Michael is helping out with the 5-6ish AM feeding so momma is only having to get up once at night.
-  On Friday we met Addison's playgroup friends for lunch at Lupe Tortillas and everyone was super excited to meet Ella.  And we were super excited to see our playgroup friends again, we've definitely missed seeing everyone the past few weeks.  Ella slept through most of lunch and then had lunch herself.  Now I can check off taking 2 kids to a restaurant on my own (of course I had plenty of backup if I needed it with 3 other moms there!) 
-  Ella is taking real baths now and is much happier now that she can be submerged in water.

OK, so she doesn't exactly look happy here, but she isn't screaming (note the little Buddha belly!)
Clean little peanut
All snuggly warm in her towel
-  Ella's favorite past time is sleeping, but she is staying up for longer periods of time during the day.  Definitely encouraging this so that the odds of her sleeping at night are better.  So far so good.
- Being awake for longer periods does means a bit more fussing though.  So far she really only seems to get fussy when she is hungry and when she has been up for a while and is done "playing" and just needs to go to sleep.
-  The first couple of weeks Ella was completely content just sleeping on the couch or wherever you put her down.  I think that I've gotten her addicted to the bouncy seat though.  You can turn it on so that the seat vibrates a bit and she seems to really like the movement.  I'd say that this is her #1 sleeping spot right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment